Since it is an era of digitization, so many youngsters, job seekers, businessmen, and entrepreneurs are looking up to take a course in digital marketing. And if you are also one of them, then you must understand the fact that simply doing a course in digital marketing is not going to suffice. You also need to add value to that course. Therefore, for that, you should take up some additional certifications so that it will enhance your knowledge. Previously, I already discussed the Google My Business certification and how you can easily complete it.
What is Google Digital Unlocked Certification
In this blog, I am going to give you a good insight of Google Digital Unlocked Certification, that you might be planning to appear for. Digital Unlocked is an efficient program developed by Google to help you grow your business digitally. This helps in brushing up your digital skills to grow your business and your confidence. The everyday experts at Digital Unlocked will help you learn Digital Marketing and get accreditated.
So how to become a Google Digital Unlocked Certified in 2019?
1. Firstly, you will have to go to the website https://learndigital.withgoogle.com
You will need to sign in to the site in order to take the certification.
2. After you log in, you will find Badges over there. A badge is a digital recognition that you’ll receive when you successfully complete a topic in Digital Unlocked. You collect badges by completing all of the lessons in a topic and passing the final assessment for that topic.
3. There are around 4 to 6 lessons in every badge. And in total there are 106 lessons. After every lesson, there is a quiz of around 2 to 4 question, which depends on the length and complexity of the lesson. You need to pass that quiz which is compulsory in order to move further. Therefore, it is important to read every lesson carefully without which you will not be able to answer the quiz.
4. Once you complete those 106 lessons and pass the quiz per lesson, then you become eligible to take the final exam. The final exam is of 40 questions, out of which you need to answer 32 questions correctly. If you give the correct answers for at least 32 questions, you pass. If by chance you fail the exam, you will not be able to give the final test for the next 10 hours. After 10 hours the final exam tab becomes active and you can give it again.
When asked about the difficulty level to our students at Staenz Academy then they said that the exam is difficult as it has a good coverage of many topics of digital marketing. And if you do not know the basic concepts then you cannot pass this exam. All the standard modules of digital marketing are covered under this exam. And the questions are based on topics like SEO, Social Media, Email Marketing, e-commerce, Google Analytics, to name a few. Also, there is no inclusion of the questions on Drop Shipping, Affiliate Marketing, Bulk SMS and WhatsApp Marketing. You need to be really careful while giving the exam as all the questions look the same.
Therefore, just to give you an idea of what types of questions are there in this exam, I have taken out a few along with its right answers so that you can refer the pattern of the exam.
Sample Questions in Google Digital Unlocked Certification
1. When it comes to email marketing, what do we mean by the term A/B Testing?
A- A/B Testing means splitting your audience and sending each of them a different variation of your email
2. When advertising on search engines, if you bid the same as your competitor, having a higher quality score will mean you appear where in comparison?
A- Above them
3. There are many ways you can improve the performance of your website from an SEO perspective. When it comes to link building, which of the following statements is accurate?
A- The quality of the links is important and not the quantity
4. Local directories are a great tool for getting noticed locally online. What would be the first step in using a directory?
A- create a listing
5. What is the first step in the search engine optimization process for your website?
A- Keyword Research
6. A lot of factors can affect how well a website will rank on search engines. What role does metadata have in this process?
A- Provides search engines with more consistent and clear information about what is on the website
7. Which are the first steps you should consider when constructing an online business strategy?
A- Create goals and identify a USP
8. Where does the domain name of a website primarily sit?
A- In the URL
9. How can a business benefit from using analytics on their website?
A- It will show you where your audience comes from
10. Which is the biggest challenge for most businesses when going online?
A- Developing a plan
Once you complete the final exam and if you pass it, this is how your Digital Unlocked certificate will look like:
At Staenz Academy many students including Rushikesh Sonar and Spruha Athalye to name a few have completed the Google Digital Unlocked certification. And the experience has been narrated by Staenz Academy’s first Unlocked certificate holder Rushikesh. The students at Staenz are continuously engaged in the process of giving various certification exams and they have been successful in it with very good results.